Maark is searching for highly driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Quality Assurance Automation Engineer for the company. This role is central to customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must be able to understand the user requirement specifications thoroughly in order to develop test plans, develop functional test cases and write automation test suites that ensure the best customer experience. QA would sign-off for release of the product and be responsible for ensuring the product functions as per the customer’s expectations and requirement specifications. The candidate must believe in ‘One Product–One Team’ and should be able to work with engineering, product management and user experience design teams in a collaborative manner to ensure that we build best-in-class solutions and applications.
- Perform functional, integration, ad-hoc and regression testing on different testing environments
- Write and maintain automation test scripts using test tools appropriate for the application
- Participate in project planning to understand and develop per-project testing plans and test scripts
- Formalize testing by writing and maintaining manual test scripts to ensure consistency between test passes
- Review user stories to ensure that requirements are testable and validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
- Analyze test results for trends and patterns of failure, problem solve and perform basic investigative testing techniques.
- Follow standard QA methodologies to ensure the delivery of quality products.
- Log and report defects in Jira and escalate issues
- Participate in an Agile development environment / Scrum team
- Work to meet project schedules, timelines and deadlines
- Plan QA activities and help manage QA deliverables, including the ability to self-direct day-to-day activities and multitask effectively
- Communicate technical concepts to key team members of the business unit
Technology and Experience:
- Experience with Selenium and/or Cypress testing frameworks
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tools
- Experience with test methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans and test cases using industry accepted standards, processes and tools such as Zephyr
- Experience executing test cases, as well as accurately documenting defects in Jira
- Experience in web accessibility testing tool such as Siteimprove
- Experience in requirements development and/or review
- Experience reporting results and recommendations to key business stakeholders/groups on the quality of the product, software development lifecycle processes and the risk of promoting to production use for common and complex projects
- Experience acquiring and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the technical and functional architecture and requirements of assigned systems and integration
- Experience investigating and assisting in the resolution of common and complex issues, incidents, and problems while collaboratively working with peers
- Experience in end-to-end test automation discipline, taking initiative and ownership of analyzing testing tools, creating test suites and executing them
- Experience with Postman, ReadyAPI or any other API testing tool
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC and tooling (GIT, branching/merging etc.)
- 4-6 years of QA experience in the software industry in functional and test automation roles
- Experience in building automation frameworks and test suites for web, mobile or APIs
- Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Strongly opinionated but respectful and collaborative; self-motivated with strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Full-Time Benefits Include:
- $1,000 sign on bonus
- Hybrid work model (3 days work from home)
- Competitive salary
- 100% health and dental
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies - headquartered in Boston, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what's possible meets what's relevant.
At Maark, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we respect it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Maark is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Maark is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Maark does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.